Pages

Thursday 26 May 2011

zero.



I like things to be autobiographical.

Things have lost meaning. People buy things because they have a status, instead of having memories and feelings attached to them. There needs to be more reason, less impulse. More thought and loving.

Obtain something because it reminds you of the way she moves. Put that special stone in the pocket of your jacket and smile every time you rediscover it. Keep a secret treasure because it reminds you of the time he looked at you in that way which made your knees shake.

The world will shake.





here's the 1970s shirt my mum gave me by the way! it's so soft. i feel like a cross between my mum, my aunt, a hippy, a thunderbird and a hipster today. i kind of like it though. urban outfitters glasses. 99p shop/accessorize/lazy oaf necklaces. friendship bracelets - one super old, one from ella. h&m/galibary rings. h&m leggings.

I've been keeping pretty busy lately working on some commissions (sneak peak of some dandelions and pearls work below) and thinking about Brighton Fashion Week. It turns out I probably can't go now, as I can no longer stay at my friend's flat. In a way I'm kind of relieved as I was jumping in at the deep end as far as my anxiety is concerned.

I'm going to plan lots of great things to do instead, including possibly Bournemouth Tattoo Convention this weekend, lots of making and drawing, and remembering who I am. I feel a bit lost lately. Nearly everything is lacking in consistency. A lot of things don't feel real or right (with one or two brilliant exceptions) I've definitely not been feeling myself over the past couple of months, and that needs to be sorted out immediately.

Also, people keep asking me about the tattoo on my wrist. It's the moon, and I have it for many personal reasons.
(not the best photo of it, but oh well!)





19 comments

  1. i love things which have a special meaning, even more so when it's just to you. i have a little display kcabinet on my wall which houses all of the things that mean something special to me..even though soem of them make me sad..and some are downright silly - they are all there because they all remind me of things that make me me :)

    i love your outfit, those glasses are just great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your sneak peak is lovely!
    keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Things turned really shallow lately..I hope you'll feel more like yourself soon. I feel pretty much the same lately and that's a terrible feeling. aw, and your tat is awesome :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tattoo is so inspirational! X



    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a "pocket penny" its just a 1 pence coin but one of my old bestest friends put it in my pocket a few years back and always and it always just reminds me of him every winter when I put that big coat back on and find that penny still there in the pocket. Its lovely how the little things stick with you and mean so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. i always love an item more if there's a story or a memory attatched, most of my things really remind me of people or days from a long time ago.
    they're just, like.. the things i know i will keep with me forever. i have reasons to not replace or throw them away.

    i adore your moon tattoo, by the way. i don't think i will ever be brave enough to get my own tattoo, but it's a beautiful image to keep with you. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your tattoo sweet, i want to go to the tattoo convention with you!? lol when the one comes to london at the tobacco docks you are invited :) :) i love the shirt it is beautiful you look wonderful sweet pea :) xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful photographs, i love your 70's shirt!

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could really just read your blog posts all day lady. You are so lovely, and genuine, and honest, and kind, and quirky. Your tattoos, from the sneaky ones I've seen, are all very unique. That moon is beautifully done. Thank you for being you - I genuinely do smile every time I see yer blog pop up in my google reader! Rant over, but yeah, you rock ♥ (ps, I hope you feel better soon. I know the feeling you speak of a bit too well)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your sentiments in this post <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. i looooooovee the way you said, "Put that special stone in the pocket of your jacket and smile every time you rediscover it. Keep a secret treasure because it reminds you of the time...". Beautiful Lyzie <3..

    ReplyDelete
  12. i feel like i've been a bit of a lull lately as well. baah.

    great photos though~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found your blog yesterday and I instantly fell in love.

    That 70s shirt is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful photos <3 you are so pretty!! and i love your outfit-those glasses are so cute on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That tattoo is lovely. That shirt looks so great on you too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your bed looks so cozy!
    & I love your moon.
    I have love by the moon written on my arm, for a few personal reasons as well but the main one being I'm a cancer and cancer's are "moon children"


    xo,
    shesunderthespell

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this post and your photographs.
    And I really dig your glasses :)
    nightofbones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the glasses...LOVE the tat... x

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Things have lost meaning. People buy things because they have a status, instead of having memories and feelings attached to them. There needs to be more reason, less impulse. "

    that is so very true, i think the same way

    i just discovered your blog but i love your style, it's very quirky & unique

    ps you have beautiful eyes
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments :) if you have any questions please tweet them to me @beinglittle ! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web design by Dear Laura
© 2016 Being Little. All rights reserved.